4.23.2008

Pics of the cleanup (Monday)

an artistic shot of the empty bookcases. we did the job in less than an hour.

these are the boxes we put them in. stages:
1. tape boxes | 2. spread boxes around room | 3. place applicable books in each box based on number and range written on side | 4. put book stands on top | 5. cover with paper | 6. tape boxes closed | 7. stack near exit | 8. load up our helper's van (with 5 people lugging, it took less than 5 minutes)

one of the more popular books in the showcase.

So now these boxes are sitting in the only space Poets House has for storage, the middle of the office. They'll be packed up in different boxes and sent off, since the storage people charge for boxes based on the size difference between the ones you give them and the ones they recommend.
For the next two weeks, I won't be seeing Poets House much. This coming weekend is Poetry Festival time at SLC. I'll be sure to talk a little about that too if I can. I'll go in on Friday for a couple hours. Next week I will also be going in on Friday, and leaving after to spend the weekend with Anna.

No comments: