Well, I'll keep this one short and sweet, because I'm still getting used to all the features here. I'm starting my internship tomorrow at Poets House. I am excited and I feel in many senses well prepared. I'll just have to bring a notepad to record things I'll most likely forget otherwise.
My boss is Mike Romanos, coordinator of the Showcase exhibition that comes once a year in April. I will be spending most of my time cataloging books and corresponding with publishers in preparation for this event. The Showcase is almost like an art exhibit; books from the past year will be collected and placed "face out" (as Mr. Romanos specifically noted during our interview) so that readers can get an idea of this year's fresh harvest. Not only will I have the opportunity to take part in this exhibition, but I will be working at a pace that will be comfortable enough to spend some time here and there reading some of the new poetry that comes in.
Please leave your comments, questions, musings, poetry, etc etc etc...
3 comments:
good luck tyler!
xo owen.
Great Tiki! Thanks for letting me know.
How perfect you begin your poetry time on ALL HEARTS Day.
May your poetry come from your deepest hearttruth. May your poetry be necessary like food.
Saddle
Post a Comment